Troy Personal Injury Attorneys
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
There are many ways to be hurt by the negligence of others: Car collisions, construction site injuries, slip-and-falls at a business, dog bites, and many more. Having the right injury attorney can not only make a difference in your case, they can also be a help in what can be a stressful time, both physically and emotionally.
Benefits of Hiring a Troy Injury Lawyer
- Understanding the value of your claim: An experienced personal injury attorney understands the nuances and circumstances of a claim and is equipped to help you understand how much your claim is worth.
- Understanding the legal process: Personal injury claims can be very complicated. In general, the average person does not have the knowledge or experience needed to handle these kinds of cases. We understand the complexities of the legal process and can put that knowledge on your side.
- Higher settlements: Statistically speaking, people who hire an injury lawyer receive more compensation in their settlement.
- No fees unless you win: We work on a contigency fee basis, meaning if you don't recover a verdict or settlement, you don't owe us anything.
At Frost & Kavanaugh, we have extensive experience handling various types of personal injury cases. We put more than 50 years of combined experience to work for our clients who are suffering from injuries at no fault of their own.
To discuss your injury claim with one of our Troy personal injury attorneys, contact us at (518) 730-4222.
Cases We Handle
Everyone understands that accidents happen – but when someone’s negligent actions leads to your serious injury, you have the right to see compensation. Our team is committed to fighting for you and the compensation you deserve.
At Frost & Kavanaugh, we routinely take on injury cases involving:
Striving to Settle but Willing to Litigate
In our opinion, it is preferable to settle a personal injury or malpractice case whenever possible. Everyone has bills, and they tend to pile up when you cannot work to pay them. Unfortunately, these bills do not stop coming when you are catastrophically injured. When you settle a case, you avoid the uncertainty of a trial and the delay associated with the trial (and any appeal that may follow). Therefore, you receive your settlement proceeds that much sooner.
The best way to settle a case without going trial is to be ready, able, and prepared for trial. Defense attorneys and insurance companies must know that you can, and will, go to trial if necessary, before offering you top dollar for your case.
Some law firms make their money by settling cases using paralegals and former insurance company adjusters, not lawyers. They make their money by volume, often at the expense of their individual clients. At our office, every case is handled by an attorney from beginning to end.
Contingent Fee Basis
We handle claims on a contingent fee basis, meaning:
- All services are performed without hourly billing
- We are willing to advance all expenses of investigation, expert witness fees, and court filing costs
- You owe us nothing unless you recover a verdict or settlement
We receive a one-third percentage of the net recovery, which is typical of personal injury lawyers. However, we may also reduce that percentage when the circumstances of the case warrant it, which allows you to keep a greater percentage of the net recovery.
We Only Represent the Injured
Our work on personal injury and medical malpractice cases is limited solely to representing plaintiffs; we do not, and will not, represent insurance companies because we never want a client to question whether our loyalties are divided. We are extremely selective in the cases we handle, and it is our custom to have no more than 10 personal injury cases at any one time.
Our feeling is that attorneys that take on too much work end up spending more time postponing cases than actually working on them because they do not have the time necessary to do what must be done. Jerry Frost founded our firm over 45 years ago. Although he passed away in 2014, we strive to carry on in the tradition he passed along to us: Our clients come first, and we'll do everything we can to get them what they deserve.
Learn more about how our Troy injury lawyers can help you after an accident. Call (518) 730-4222 or contact us online today to discuss your claim.
At Frost & Kavanaugh, our attorneys have decades of combined trial experience to put to work for you. Because we are deeply familiar with the judges, prosecutors, and processes you will face, we are equipped to build a strong and effective defense on your behalf. We are fierce litigators who will not shy away from a fight, and we remain committed to achieving a favorable resolution for every client we represent.